top of page

"But I had full coverage..." Or so you thought!

I can’t tell you how many times I hear, “but I had full coverage.” 🤯 But what does that mean?

Bodily Injury (BI): if someone hurts you in an accident you make a claim against their BI. BI is NOT required in Florida.

Uninsured/underinsured Motorist: if the person that hurt you doesn’t have BI or doesn’t have enough BI you make a claim against your UM. UM is NOT required in Florida.

PIP: Florida drivers must have a minimum of $10,000.00 in PIP. Your PIP is primary if you are hurt in an accident. PIP pays 80% of medical, 60% of wage loss.

MedPay: covers the 20% that PIP doesn’t pay. Not required.

Property Damage: Required in Florida. Pays for damage that you cause to someone else’s vehicle.

Collision Coverage: used to repair or replace your vehicle if you’re involved in a crash.

Comprehensive Coverage: pays for damage to your vehicle that is not caused by a collision (hail, theft).

Don’t say that you have “full coverage” without fully understanding your coverage. #nowthatyouknow #planningforthepredictable #protectingfromtheunexpected

3 views0 comments


bottom of page